Our carpet installation process
Before you make a purchase, we’ll send out an estimator to measure your home and determine how much product you’ll need. This helps minimize waste in addition to cutting costs for you. Once your installation has been scheduled, you’ll have a chance to speak to your installer.
Before your installation, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- If necessary, our team will move your furniture. However, you’ll be responsible for moving smaller items such as lamps, electronics, décor & wall hangings and emptying any closets. Larger, oversized items (think pianos or grandfather clocks) may not be within our realm of capability, so be sure to let us know about any unusual objects you have in your space. We can arrange for a third party to help move these if necessary.
- We can remove & dispose of your existing carpet or flooring. In doing so, we’ll remove any molding or trim from the room’s perimeter and prep your subfloor so that it’s clean & level for installation. Note that you may need to repair, replace, or repaint your molding or trim if it gets damaged during removal. Our team will be as careful as possible, but these elements are often fragile and we cannot be held responsible if they’re damaged.
- Your installer may need to remove doors to complete your installation, especially if your new carpet is on the thicker side. If your new pile height is too high for your existing doors to clear after installation, we may recommend that you have your doors trimmed or cut down before replacing them to prevent damage to your new carpet.
- Note that our team will likely need the use of electrical outlets to power their tools while in your workspace.
On the day of the installation, please make sure an adult member of your household is home at your scheduled installation time. Keep children or pets away from the workspace to prevent injury.
After the installation, you may notice a few things, including:
- A lingering odor for a few days, which can be minimized by circulating air through your space
- Shedding. This is normal. Simply vacuum your carpet and it should be taken care of.
Report any post-installation issues as soon as possible so we can return to fix them if needed. Otherwise, it's up to you to properly maintain your new carpet!